With a coupon code, your customer receives the product at a cheaper price if
- they have entered the coupon code at the payment page or
- you send them a link to the payment page of a product for which the >>coupon code is already stored in the URL.
- create coupon codes that are for a fixed amount or for a percentage and define what these are applicable to,
- set an expiry date and define how often the coupon codes can be redeemed
- decide whether the fixed amount should be applied to the net or the gross price.
>>You can create a Zap in Zapier that creates a coupon code for this customer according to the stored trigger (e.g. customer buys a certain product).
Regardless of whether your product prices are in gross or net, the coupon code will always be applied to the amount to be paid. In other words, a coupon code for a product with a net price will be applied to the amount to be paid before the deduction of the coupon code and not to the net amount.
Click into your seller account
- Click on "Create".
Choose what type of coupon code you want to create.
- With the "single coupon code" you create a code that all your customers can use. This means that the code is identical for every customer.
- With the bulk coupon code, you can create up to 100 individual coupon codes in one go, each of which can only be used once and each code is different. Here you can send a code to each customer individually.
- Fill in the fields and save the coupon code.
Then you can use it by giving it to your customers, or by embedding it in your website or emails via a URL with the code.
Single coupon code
- Coupon name: Internal name for you
- Coupon code: Code for the customers
- Applicable to: If you have a code for a fixed amount, choose whether the amount should be calculated from the net or the gross price (default setting).
- Unit of measurement: Percentage or fixed amount.
- Value: Amount of the code.
- Maximum number of items: If necessary, create a limit regarding how many purchases the coupon code can be used for.
- Limit: On how many pieces of the product it can be used on per purchase (transaction). This is especially important with coupons for tickets, as a customer can buy several tickets in one go. You can find a few examples of this in the article >>Coupon code: maximum number of items and limit
- Product selection: Choose one product/all products or multiple products. If you have only selected one product, you can also define that the >>code should only be valid for one payment plan of the product (e.g. only for the one-off payment).
- Expiry Date: Enter the expiry date including the time and the relevant time zone.
- Publisher assignment: Here you can select a publisher who should be automatically assigned upon purchase, provided the purchased product is included in this affiliate program. Select the >>publisher and affiliate program and then give the code to your publisher for their promotions. If you have entered the coupon code for a product or certain products, make sure that these are included in the affiliate program. If the coupon code is for all of the products and your affiliate program does not contain all of the products, inform your publisher that the assignment will only take place if the purchased product is included in the affiliate program.
- Applying the coupon code to a subscription / installment payments : Click on this if the coupon should be applied to every installment and not just to the first installment.
- Applying the coupon code to all products in the bundle / funnel: Click on this if you have not selected "All products" above, but the code should still apply to all products when purchasing a bundle or when purchasing a product through a funnel.
- Applying the coupon code to additional fees: Click on this if you have products with additional fees and the coupon should also be applied to these fees.
Bulk coupon code
With the bulk coupon code, you can generate up to 100 different coupon codes in one go. We add the middle part for the code. That means
- you define the first part (prefix) and the last part (suffix) and
- click on "Format" to select which format the part in between should have, e.g. alphabetically.
If you click on "Create", the coupon codes will be created in the number you specified.
You can see these immediately after they have been created and you can still edit individual codes later.
You can then send each customer a single code and see which one has already been redeemed.
Viewing the redemption status
In the overview of the coupon codes you can then see which codes have already been redeemed and which have not.
Redeeming coupon codes as a customer
You can then either
- Send your customer the coupon code and they can enter it as a "discount code" in the corresponding field before they make their purchase,
- or you can create a link to the payment page of your product and add the code to the end as described >>here. Then the discount will be automatically deducted before the purchase. Please test your link beforehand.
It is important that you click on "apply" beforehand so that the price is reduced. If you have purchased a product without a discount code, you only have to cancel the transaction (for a fee) and let the customer buy it again.
If you have created a coupon code that will also be applied to the following payments, we will clearly show the customer this on the payment page.