For any type of product
- you can provide your own tax configuration and
- then select this for your product.
Important: Consult your tax adviser regarding the settings. There are different tax regulations between the individual product types. For example, the tax rate for offline events is based on the country of the event, and for online events, it depends on the country of purchase. Even with vouchers, there are differences between a pure voucher and a voucher for a specific service (e.g. coaching).
- You use the digital product to sell an eBook. Different tax rates apply for each EU country. Here you will find an official source for the respective tax rates and product types per country -> https://www.avalara.com/vatlive/en/vat-rates/european-vat-rates.html.
- You use our voucher product type (which is not tax-free as a single-purpose voucher) to offer a so-called multi-purpose voucher. Since the multi-purpose voucher is handled like cash and the sale is tax-free, please adjust the tax settings.
1. Provide a custom control configuration
- Go to Templates, Tax Rates
- Click on "Custom tax rates" "+New tax rate" to create a new template. You can then add this to your product.
- Name the configuration, e.g. books and provide the tax rates
- Confirm the setting with the green check mark.
So you create a tax configuration, for example "books," and provide the tax rates there. You then select the tax rate for the product itself.
For "Consumers from another EU country," you can either set the taxes to 0 for all countries (apply to all) or provide a different tax rate for individual countries (e.g. if you are generally taxable, but not in Switzerland).
2. Select the control configuration for the product
- Choose your product
- Click on Edit
- Go to the "Checkout page" step
- Select the appropriate template below and save the change.
You can see and test the effect of the change directly on your checkout page by selecting different countries.