Have you created your product and now want to do a test purchase to see the purchase and delivery process? You have various options for doing this.
Of course, there are no transaction costs for a free transaction.
Option a) Buy the product with a coupon code
Create a coupon code for the entire price or the first installment and buy the product with the coupon code.
Note: If you have booked the essential package, you need the voucher code app. You can book this under "My Plan". If you no longer need it, you can cancel it at any time. You will only be billed for the days that the app was activated.
Option b) Buy with purchase on account
If the payment method "purchase on account" is activated, you can also buy using this payment method. The product will then be delivered immediately. The payment then appears as a pending payment and you can find the invoice under "Products"and "email Invoices".
Option c) Set product price to 0
- Publish your product, set it to private and set the "Offer for free" switcher to "Yes". This sets the product price to 0.
- Click on your product, then click "Get it Free".
Think about which email address you will use to buy the product beforehand.
- If you buy with the same email address with which you register for your seller account, you can switch back and forth between the two account types without having to log in separately via "Switch account type". If your product is an online course, you will receive an email after purchase with the button to log in, but not to create a password.
- If you would like to test the procedure for the online course for customers who do not yet have a password with elopage, then choose a different email address when purchasing. Then a new customer account will be created.
Note: This procedure then applies to customers who have neither bought an online course from another seller nor are already publishers or sellers at elopage.
If you want to test your funnel, you need a purchase and cannot test with a free purchase.
You can test it by buying it on account or by buying the product yourself for 1 Euro, for example. Then, however, we also incur the transaction fees and if you have chosen PayPal as your payment method, the transaction fees also apply there.
Test purchase confirmation email
After the purchase you will receive the purchase confirmation email. If this contains a link for end customers (e.g. in the next button), please test this link if you:
- are not logged into your elopage account
- in the incognito tab of your browser
- another browser.
If you are logged into your seller account and click on a link that is relevant for a buyer account, you will always end up in the seller dashboard.
Attention for online courses with the setting "from date" and "from payment"
If you have selected for online courses whether they should start from the date of purchase or from a certain date, you cannot change this once the first sale has taken place. This also applies to your test purchase. If you still want to change this setting after a test purchase, you can simply duplicate the entire course and then sell the copy as a product.