As a publisher, you can create various affiliate links as simple links, text links or also as buttons or sliders and use them for product marketing.
In the overview of your publisher account, you can see the two buttons:
- My affiliate links
- Create affiliate links
If you have already created affiliate links, you can view these by clicking on "My affiliate links". If not, simply click on "Create affiliate links" and you will be taken to the Create view.
You can recommend different types of advertising material here. If you only advertise via email or social media, "simple links" are an option for you.
However, not all customers allow HTML emails, so you should also provide a normal link that can be used to access the product.
When creating the individual advertising material, you then select the precise target that is to be called up when the customer clicks on it, for example the shop page, product page or checkout page of the seller.
With the selection "Button" you can create a button that links to the above-mentioned pages. You can edit the button further and customize it as you wish.
With the selection "Banner", you create a banner with an image in panoramic perspective. You can store other texts directly in the image before uploading.
Here you can create a badge for a specific product. For a badge, the product image and the price (if activated) are taken from the product information.
With the slider you can place several product badges one behind the other so that the customer can scroll through the different products.
Embedded forms for publishers
If the partner program is a multi-level partner program, you can use the embed form to invite other publishers for the next levels of the partner program (e.g. "Coach A").
Creating affiliate links & more
- Go to "Overview" in the main menu of your publisher account and click on the "Create affiliate links" button (see above) or click on "Affiliate links & more" and then on "Create".
- Select the link type (e.g. button), move the cursor over the link type and click on "Create".
- Select the appropriate affiliate program from the drop-down list and click on "Next".
- Now select where your affiliate link should lead:
- To the seller's shop
- To one of the seller's products
- To an external website ("individual link")
Forwarding to the shop
- Click on "Shop" and then on "Next".
Forwarding to the product
- Click on the "Product" icon and select the appropriate product from the seller's portfolio from the drop-down list that opens.
- Click "Next".
- Select whether the link should lead to the product or to the checkout page of the selected product and click on "Next".
Forwarding with an individual link
- Select "Individual link" and enter the URL of the website (e.g. a sales landing page) in the field provided.
- Then click on "Next."
- Click on the "UTM codes" switcher. The parameter fields open.
- Make the appropriate entries here and click on "Next".
- Here you can further customize the appearance of your affiliate link (e.g. button).
- You have a variety of options for adapting your affiliate link in terms of shape, color, size, text, etc. to your needs.
- If you like what you see in the preview, click on "Next".
- In the last step you will receive the embed code of the affiliate link (e.g. button), which you can easily copy by clicking on the duplicate symbol.
- Name your affiliate link.
- Finally, click on "Done".
You will now see the link overview, which you can also view by clicking on "My affiliate links" in the overview of your publisher account. The link you have just created is now listed as an affiliate link.
Good to know: You can also edit your affiliate links at a later date by clicking on the link ID, the name or the three dots.