Your publisher has three different promo links that he can select in his publisher account, namely your
- shop page - elopage.com/s/yourshopname?pid=xxx & prid=xxx
- product page - elopage.com/s/yourshopname/yourproductname?pid=xxx & prid=xxx
- checkout page - elopage.com/s/yourshopname/yourproductname/payment?pid=xxx & prid=xxx
PID is the publisher ID, PRID is the program ID of the affiliate program.
If a customer clicks on this link,
- the cookie is set in which the program and the publisher are stored
- we redirect the customer to exactly this page or to another landing page you have stored for the affiliate program.
Learn how to choose which page the customer is taken to when they click on a publisher link.
Three ways to control the forwarding
a) General setting in the partner program
This setting applies to all products in the partner program. Forwarding takes place for all three link types (see above).
b) Custom setting for each product
This only applies to the individual product and only if the publisher uses the link to the product or checkout page.
Important: If you have set something at both points, this setting overrides the general settings in the partner program.
c) Via a content ID for your publisher's landing page
If you have created your own landing page for your publisher, you can create a content ID and provide where the customer who accesses this special URL should be redirected to. This is then tracked individually.
example 1: General setting and custom setting
- You have 5 products in your partner program and you have specified there that the customer should be forwarded to page A.
- No individual forwarding is stored for products 1-4. With product 5 you have specified that the customer should be forwarded to page B.
- If the customer clicks on a product link for product 1-4, he lands on page A (according to the partner program).
- If he clicks on a product link for product 5, he lands on page B (according to the setting for the product).
example 2: Custom setting only
- You have 2 products in your affiliate program and did not store a redirect there.
- For Products 1 you have saved a forwarding to page A. For product 2, a forwarding to page B.
- If the customer clicks on the publisher's shop link, he will be forwarded to your elopage shop.
- If the customer clicks on a product or payment link from the publisher, he will be redirected to page A or B.
If you have created your own landing page for product advertising for each of your publishers (e.g. for each speaker at your event or online convention), then you can forward to the special page of this publisher by creating a separate partner program for each publisher and then providing their special landing page there.
a) Make a general setting in the partner program
- View your affiliate program in the menu "Marketing," in the "Affiliate program," then click on the "three dots" on the far right next to the relevant product and then the editing pen.
- Click on "Advanced settings."
- Enter the URL to which the customers of this partner program should be forwarded.
- Save the change.
b) Make custom settings for the product
- Go to your product and click on "Edit."
With the eTicket you will find the setting under "Delivery."
For all other products you will find the setting in "More" under "Additional options."
- Go to the "Forward affiliate visitors" field.
- Provide the URL to which the customers of this partner program should be forwarded.
- Save the product change.
c) Via the content ID
If you have a separate landing page for each publisher with information about the publisher and your product, you can generate a custom content ID for each landing page and save a redirect there or deactivate it.
You can find out how in the article Forwarding and tracking buyers on the landing page.