In your affiliate program, you can determine yourself whether the publisher commission is calculated from the
- net amount minus the elopage fees (payment - VAT - elopage fees) or
- sales price (= gross amount) or
define the commission calculation
- Call up the affiliate program and click on "edit" or create a new affiliate program.
- Change the setting.
If you activate the "Publisher commission from the gross amount," the publisher commission will be calculated from the amount paid. This can vary depending on the product type for different customer types (company or consumer) and buyer country.
If this is not activated, it will be calculated from the net amount that remains after deduction of the elopage fees and any taxes that may be incurred.
In the tax template for your product, you will receive information about which tax rate is calculated or if no tax is calculated.
You can see the calculation base in the transfer details of the respective payment.
Price: 230 euros (gross)
Taxes: 36.72 euros (19%)
elopage fees: 9.22 euros
Publisher commission from the net amount: 50% = 230 - 36.72 - 9.22 = 184.06 x 50% = 92.03 euros
publisher's commission from the gross amount: 50% from 230 euros = 115 euros
Cashout of the commission:
The same tax regulations apply to the cashout as to the payments made by your customers, i.e.
- the tax rate of the country that your publisher entered in their account will be used
- It is taken into account whether the publisher is subject to sales tax in his country or not and whether the ReverseCharge procedure applies.
The basis for calculating the payout amount is the amount that you provide as a commission.
If your publisher is subject to sales tax, he will receive the gross amount. If he is also in Germany, he will receive 92.03 or 115 euros.
If he is not subject to sales tax, he will receive the calculated commission as a net amount, as we will then pay the VAT. In the example, it would be 76.69 euros or 95.83 euros.