Are you selling a physical product and in addition to the product price, there are additional costs for packaging and shipping, which also vary from country to country? Do you sell a ticket and charge a ticket fee for each ticket?
Then save a fee item and then select it in your product. On the checkout page, this fees plan and the price will be shown at the bottom of the total. Nevertheless, you should also provide this price in the product description as information.
Create template for fees
- Click on "Templates" / "Additional fees"
- Create a template with the shipping costs per country
- You can now make different settings for each fee item and then provide this setting for your product.
- Name the fee position. The name is only internal to you for selection in your product.
If you later have different fee items with different prices, it is best to name them right away so that you can later select the correct fee item. If you name all fees and save different fees, it will be more difficult to assign them correctly later.
Designation on the checkout page
- Enter the name that should be shown on the checkout page and the invoice for the customer
Offsetting the fees
- If a customer buys several products at the same time or, for example, as a bundle or as a multiple selection for the tickets, specify whether the fee
- should then be calculated per payment / purchase or
- per item.
You send a package and the price is always the same, no matter how many products the customer buys. Then choose "per payment."
You want to provide a fee for each item. The more the customer buys in one fell swoop, the higher the total amount of fees. Then choose "per item."
Save the price per country on the right or save the price on the left and click on "Apply to all" if the price is the same for all countries.
Provide the fees plan in the product
- Go to your product and click on "Edit"
- Go to the "Checkout page" step
- Select the template you just saved
- Scroll down and click "Update" or "Save & Close"
If you use coupon codes for this product, the coupon code will only be deducted from the fees if you have stored these with the coupon code (apply to additional fees).
What is considered an item?
If "per item" is selected, the price for the fee increases if the customer increases the quantity on the checkout page.
- The customer buys a bundle with 3 products. Then the bundle counts as 1 item. If the customer buys the bundle three times, that counts as three items.
- If the customer issues a ticket three times, the fee is incurred three times.
- The customer buys three different ticket classes, one of them once, one four times and one twice, that's 7 items. That means the fee is charged seven times.