After the purchase, the customer will receive the purchase confirmation email. This should contain everything so that the customer knows how to get his product.
Depending on whether you are delivering the product
- through us
- on your own side
- or by mail,
the essential content should be available in order to avoid queries.
The more peculiarities there are in your product (e.g. the course is on your side, the customer receives an email with the password, subscription payment, test period, online course or membership area), the sooner you should use the custom purchase confirmation email.
- Subject: Use a speaking subject with your own subject from which the customer will immediately recognize that it is about your course.
Important: Since elopage - depending on the language of the user - sends emails in German and English, you should adapt both texts or, in any case, translate the subject into English. If you only have customers who speak German, you can also transfer the German text and subject to the English email. If a customer selected English as the language, all system emails would come in English (e.g. payment reminder, password reset), but your purchase confirmation email would be sent in German.
- Placeholder: You can use different placeholders for the name and product data or for the link to the course access or to the thank you page.
You can find an overview of the placeholders in the linked help document above the editor.
- The "Next button": You can rename the button, for example "to the course" or "to the product." Especially with online courses or membership areas that we have, you should add that customers who do not yet have an account with elopage.com can use it to assign their password, and customers, for example, who have already bought something from another seller, use elopage.com, who then enter their existing password.
You are also welcome to link to our help document:
Where can I get the password for my online course / conference / membership area?
- Login link: So that your customers can later find where they can log in for your course / membership area, you should also copy the login link here and point out that you can save it as a bookmark. Or you can link directly to your login page from your website via a "Login" tab.
- Payment mange link: Insert payment manage link for certain types of pricing plans:
For the following configurations in your pricing plans, you should insert the parameter that displays the payment manage link that is custom for your customer in the email.
The customer can then use it to initiate the payment or end the subscription.
- subscription / limited subscription
- installment payment
- test period
- fixed due date
You can find the link in the Help article, which is linked directly to the configuration of the email.
You should answer the most frequent questions directly in this email, so that you save yourself a few questions and the customers can find their way around on their own as far as possible.
You are welcome to link to help documents from our help center for end customers.
Examples of common questions:
- What do I do if I don't remember my password?
- Deactivate/activate course emails
- Where can I find my invoice?
- How do I pay the next installment?
- How can I cancel my subscription?
The purchase confirmation email
We insert the following data automatically
- Above: Your profile picture and your username with a link to your shop.
- Middle: The standard content or the content you have entered.
- Below: Your support information from the legal notice.
In the order details, you can also see what the email your customer received looks like and resend it within 30 days of purchase if necessary -> View/resend purchase confirmation email.