You can provide a test period in days for all pricing plans.
This means that the customer can test your product for free during this period and end the test phase at any time.
The first installment is only due after the trial period has expired.
When purchasing, the customer already selects the payment method. With credit card or SEPA direct debit, we will debit the payment after the test period.
*The SEPA direct debit payment method is only available for customers in the reseller model.
- This feature is available in all product types except for the eTicket.
- It can be used for all pricing plan types and can also be activated for bundles and funnels.
Providing a test period
- Go to the "Checkout page".
- Activate the "Trial Period" switcher.
- Enter the number of days for the test.
- If necessary, add an additional text with or without parameters for your checkout page so that the customer can find out about the test period. You are welcome to link to our help document, which describes how the customer can end the test period.
The text is particularly important for a one-off payment, as in this case no due dates are automatically displayed on the checkout page as with the other pricing plans.
- Save the pricing plan.
- Save the checkout page change at the bottom right using "Save."
Under "Preview checkout page," you can see how this pricing plan is displayed on the checkout page.
After the purchase
The customer receives your purchase confirmation email immediately after the purchase. If the product is with us, he has immediate access to the product.
The customer appears immediately in your customer overview and not in the overview of transfers as long as no payment has been made.
In the payment overview, you see
- which purchases have a trial period and how long this is still valid and
- when the payments are due.
Here you can stop the payment when your customer logs in and wants to end the trial period.
The customer has a similar view in his payer account under "Payments" and "Payment overview". He can stop the payment here.
For online courses:
The calculation of the course duration begins with the purchase and not with the first payment.
If the customer does not pay the first installment, the course access is automatically blocked. You can also block access manually in advance if the customer contacts you before the end of the test phase.
Please also end the payment under "Payment overview" so that the next installment is not due.