Icons are a good way to visually enhance your texts or to make them easier to read. This is particularly interesting for online courses, especially if you use recurring elements, e.g. for notes, tasks, questions, etc.
Here's an example:
For this purpose, you can use the free icons from https://fontawesome.com/icons?d=gallery.
If you keep using certain icons, you should create an internal document with the code list that you can access quickly.
- Search for a free icon from the website that you want to use.
- Copy the code for the icon to the clipboard.
- Open the HTML area in the editor via the symbol < />.
- Paste the code in the HTML area of the editor
e.g. <i class="far fa-hand-point-right"></i>
- Change the code from "far" to "fa." -> <i class="fa fa-hand-point-right"></i>
- Use the symbol </> to switch back to the editor's view mode so that you
a) see the changes and
b) they are also saved.
And the icon is already integrated.
Please note: Please test whether the icon you have chosen works. Some icons are only available in the paid Pro version from Fontawesome.