With the fixed due date, you can ensure that all payments for this pricing plan are due on a certain date.
In the case of subscription and installment payments, this is then the basis for the additional installments.
The dates 1st / 7th / 14th / 21st or 28th of a month are available for selection.
- This option is currently not available for the "eTicket" product type.
- This option is also available with the bundle and funnel payment plan.
- The product is delivered immediately and the drip-in starts for online courses that are available from us. You will then see a transfer for EUR 0 with the status "successful" under Transfers.
- In the case of installment payments, the invoice is created immediately. In the case of subscription and limited subscription, the invoice will not be issued until the first installment is due.
- A combination with the test period is not possible.
Determining a fixed due date
- Move the switcher to the right for "fixed due date."
- Select the due date.
- Enter the price.
- Save the pricing plan using the "Save plan" button.
- Save the change to the checkout page using the "Save" button.
Important when paying by credit card!
Due to the 3D secure procedure, which is mandatory in the EU for credit card payments, the customer cannot enter his credit card details when purchasing, because the 3DS procedure is almost always controlled by the customer’s bank for first payments, so a special PIN is added to the credit card details and must be entered to authorize the payment. Therefore, the 1st installment cannot be automatically debited by us later.
It is best to include a note about this and the link to the payment manage page in your purchase confirmation email and inform the customer that, for credit card payments, it is best to use the link in your email to make the payment the day before the due date.
FAQ on the fixed due date
How does this affect the follow-up rates?
The subsequent installments are then also due on this day , for example, always on the 1st of each month. If the customer has chosen a payment method with automatic debiting, we will debit on that day.
If the payment is to be made manually, he will receive an email with the payment link or, in the case of online courses, can make the payment directly from the account.
Important: The email with the payment link is currently only sent if there is more than 1 week between the purchase and the 1st due date.
We therefore recommend using the option only for credit card payments and SEPA direct debits (only available for sellers in the reseller model).
If other payment methods are activated in your product, you would have to send these customers the payment link for the 1st installment manually. Otherwise, for example, access to courses will be blocked immediately if the first installment is not received.
When does the customer receive the product?
Your customer receives access to the product immediately after purchase and, for online courses, the first day of access for the drip-in also starts.
When does drip-in for my online course start?
The drip-in always starts on the day of access, i.e. usually on the day of purchase (except for prepayment).