Please note that we have changed the menu structure.To simplify navigation, your elopage account is now structured slightly differently. But the functions remain the same. We will adjust the help section and renew the screenshots. If you have any questions, our support will be happy to help.
Achtung, neue Menüstruktur! Um die Navigation zu vereinfachen, ist dein elopage-Account jetzt etwas anders strukturiert. Die Funktionen bleiben aber die gleichen. Wir werden den Hilfebereich anpassen und die Screenshots erneuern. Bei Fragen hilft unser Support gerne weiter.
This is a machine-translated article. We’re constantly working on improving translation quality for an optimized help center experience. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Calculating taxes for sales as a "small business owner"

Neda Najjari
Neda Najjari
  • Updated

I am a small business owner and have set "Subject to tax in my own country?" to "No". However, VAT was charged on some sales.

Since the VAT exemption generally only applies to your own country and not to taxes that are incurred in other countries, the latter are also shown in certain cases.

When can VAT be incurred in another country?

This is the case for the product types:

  • Vouchers and eTickets for offline events if the location is in another country, e.g. you are organizing a seminar in another EU country, and

  • all other product types such as digital products, online courses, download products and eTickets for an online event if they were purchased by a consumer from another EU country.

    You can see this in the tax table in the column "Consumers from another EU country".


Where can I find the amounts incurred in other countries for my tax return?

In the "Reports" area, we provide you with an overview of VAT by country. 

How can I change the settings?

If this is different in your case, then create a tax template and provide this BEFORE SELLING the product.  

Important! It is not possible to adjust the tax calculation or the information on the invoice at a later date.

Please check with your tax adviser about the tax exemption and the legal basis and also provide the legally required information.


Was this article helpful?