If you want to use your own external landing pages for your products or partner programs, e.g. to
- start different campaigns
- to provide affiliate partners with custom pages or
- to measure the conversions through A/B tests,
then you can use the "Content IDs" app to do this.
The app tracks parameters in the background and sets the cookies that are later relevant when the purchase is made on an elopage checkout page.
This allows you a high degree of flexibility and better conversions for your campaigns and product launches, especially in combination with your affiliate programs.
What can you use the feature for?
With the affiliate program
You have set up an affiliate program and want to use a separate landing page for each publisher. So far, you could only provide one landing page per affiliate program, to which the visitors were redirected.
Now you can give each publisher their own affiliate link that points to their own landing page on which they recommend your product.
Different campaigns for one product
Providing a landing page
- Create the landing pages on your website that you want to provide here.
- Go to "Marketing" and then "Content IDs."
- Click on "Create" in the upper right corner.
- Provide the settings for the landing page.
You can first prepare all the settings and then activate them or activate the landing page directly.
Internal name for you
URL of the respective landing page to which the visitor will be redirected if you have activated redirection
Landing page to which the visitor will be redirected if you have switched off the redirection. This also stops tracking and commission calculation (see below).
Forwarding is activated. Activate forwarding as soon as your page is set up and tracking and forwarding should take place.
Selecting a product
If you do not select any product, a link will be generated for your shop page. If the link is then supplemented with the publisher data, all purchases made via this link and which are included in your affiliate program are tracked and assigned to the publisher.
Example link: http://elopage.com/s/Relaxyourlife?content_id=89672
If you select a product, a link will be generated for your product page. Then all purchases for this product are tracked via it.
Example link: http://elopage.com/s/Relaxyourlife/songwriting-fuer-beginner-2019?content_id=89672
Using a landing page
After saving, a content_id is created for your shop page or your product page for each stored landing page. You can find these on the overview page of the landing pages.
Overview of the settings for each landing page
Under "Marketing" and "Content IDs", you can see the settings you have saved for each landing page with the status and the content ID.
Above you will find the fields for the search.
Here you can find the
- Activation status
- URL of the landing page that was created automatically
- Redirect URL
- Fallback URL
- Product name
- Number of clicks
Tracking in connection with an affiliate program
You have created your own personalized landing page for each publisher on which the publisher advertises the product.
Then add the PID and PRID for this publisher to the URL generated here. You can do this by appending an & to the URL.
- The URL is "http://elopage.com/s/Relaxyourlife/songwriting-fuer-beginner-2019?content_id=89672."
- The publisher's PID is 3183.
- The PRID of your affiliate program is 2487.
The promo link for your publisher is then:
Process of tracking for the publisher commission
The product is available on the landing page
Then the publisher only receives the commission if the product stored on the landing page was purchased, not if the customer buys another product from your affiliate program.
- The publisher shares the product link you provided with PID and PRID.
- Someone clicks on the link - the cookie from the affiliate program is set, the customer is forwarded to the stored landing page.
- The customer buys the product within the cookie runtime*-> When purchasing, the publisher is deposited with the commission (see transfer details). The publisher sees the purchase in their publisher statistics.
- The customer buys a different product from the affiliate program within the cookie runtime * - > The publisher does not receive any commission.
No product was selected on the landing page
Here the publisher receives the commission for all products from this affiliate program bought via his link.
- The publisher shares the shop link you provided with PID and PRID.
- Someone clicks on the link - the cookie from the affiliate program is set, the customer is forwarded to the stored landing page
- The customer buys a product within the cookie life* from the affiliate program -> When purchasing, the publisher is provided with the commission (see transfer details). The publisher sees the purchase in their publisher statistics.
* Prerequisite: purchase on the same device, in the same browser, the cookie is still set and valid.
Deactivation of URL forwarding and publisher commission
If your promotion / campaign is over, you can have it redirected to the fallback URL.
- To do this, go to "Marketing," and "Content IDs".
- Click on "Edit" for the respective page.
- Deactivate forwarding.
If someone now clicks on the publisher's promo link, they will be redirected to the fallback URL you provided. If someone who clicked on the link after switching off the redirection then buys a product from your shop that is included in the affiliate program, the publisher does not receive any commission and the clicks and page visits are not tracked in his account.