If you have a lot of products, you may find it necessary to sort and display them in categories. You can display categories in your public shop as well as in membership themes and customer areas. This means that even after completing the purchase, your customer can see products sorted into categories (if activated by you).
If you use the default shop theme, "All products" then the respective category will always be displayed.
If you use the custom shop membership theme, only the categories are displayed; the "All products" overview is not displayed.
1. Create the categories and add products
- Go to "Templates" and "Product Categories", create your categories and add the products.
You can find our help article on this topic here >Create a shop category and add products.
2. Activate the display of the categories for your shop theme
- Go to "Themes" and "Shop themes". Then go to "Membership themes" and edit the relevant theme.
- Go to the "Main" area and click on the "editing pencil" icon
- Go to the "Products" area and click on the "editing pencil" icon
- Activate the categories. All categories that are public are now displayed. This setting also works in the area of the membership themes.
- Important: If a product is not assigned to any category, it will be listed in the "membership theme" and "customer area" under the default category "All products".
- Change the colors if necessary and determine how many products will be displayed on one page per category.
If you call up your shop theme, you will now see the categories. To see the change in the customer area, activate the categories again in the membership theme that is marked with the "blue star".