With elopage Plus you open a deposit account at our partner bank to receive payments via
- payment in advance
- credit card (Mastercard and Visa)
- INSTANT transfer and
- SEPA direct debit.
With the credit card and SEPA direct debit payment methods, there is an automatic debit for installment and subscription payment plans.
With the other two payment methods, your customer initiates the payment via their individual payment link.
You can find the amount limit for each payment method under > Amount limit depending on the payment method for elopage PLUS.
Important information on activating and legitimizing the deposit account
If the requirements for opening the deposit account are met and you have uploaded all the records required for legitimation, we will send the records to the bank to legitimize the deposit account. After registering your account, you can receive payments directly.
Cashouts and cancellations of payments are only possible after legitimation. The examination of the records usually takes 1-2 days.
Depending on the legal form, different records are required to determine the beneficial owner. These are securely transmitted to our partner bank.
Our partner bank then uses the records you uploaded to check whether this is legitimized. So please check beforehand whether your business
a) is allowed or
b) falls under the business areas for which a deposit account can be opened on a case by case basis. In this case, you should upload the records before the start of the sale and wait for the legitimation.
If your account is not legitimized, all previous payments will be reversed. So please check the list carefully > Integrated deposit account: List of those business areas not permitted / approved on request.
Requirements for checking the deposit account and activating the deposit account
We will guide you through the process of activating and legitimizing the deposit account.
- Go to "Settings" and "Payment" Methods.
- Click on "activate" for "elopage PLUS".
- Please use the linked document to check whether your business area is listed there. In this case, it is not possible to open a deposit account with our partner bank. Then you can connect your PayPal or Stripe account on this page.
- Confirm that you want the setup to start.
- Then select the legal form of your company.
- Enter the missing information about your company.
- Read the terms and conditions for this deposit account and confirm it. Then click on "Next."
Important: If you are a sole proprietorship, please provide your name with the company name, as the deposit account will be opened and legitimized in this name.
- Enter the data of the authorized representative for this company and click on "Next."
- Either now or later, upload the identification records for your company.
In the case of legal entities such as a GmbH [LLC], Ltd, UG [entrepreneurial limited liability company], GbR [partnership under the Civil Code], the data of the shareholders with more than 25% of the shares are then required.
- Specify how many other people or companies own more than 25% of the shares. For this, legitimation by means of proof of identity is also necessary.
- Click on "Next".
- Then provide the data for each shareholder.
- If there is more than one shareholder with shares over 25%, click on "Add" to add another owner.
Once you have added all shareholders, you will see the list of the stored shareholders.
- Click on "Next".
- Then send us the records to check and legitimize your deposit account.
Records required to legitimize your deposit account
For legitimation, the standard records for opening an account are usually required, depending on the legal form.
You can learn more here > Required records for legitimizing your deposit account.
Activate SEPA with elopage PLUS
As soon as you have been informed by us about your successful legitimation, you can apply for SEPA as a payment method in the payment settings. You will then receive an email with questions about your business, as SEPA is a risky payment method and certain requirements must be met for activation, such as a low chargeback rate and corresponding regular sales.
Visit our support article >>SEPA with elopage PLUS and go to the section "Make payment settings."