Electronic payment accounts are subject to various legal regulations and risk classifications of the respective payment providers who provide this service. Certain business areas are not permitted and some are permitted to be examined on a case by case basis.
Important information you should check before you apply for elopage LITE or elopage PLUS
Checking if you can open a payment account in your area of business before applying for a payment account
Check if you can open a payment account in your area of business before applying for a payment account with elopage LITE and elopage PLUS a) You cannot open a payment account if your area of business is any of the following. To start payments you must activate your Stripe or PayPal account. b) If your area of business falls under b) it can be activated on a case by case basis. Please upload all documents necessary for legitimation.
Have you applied for elopage PLUS?
You will receive email confirmation when your payment account is proven to be legitimate. You can then activate your account. All payments to your customers will be refunded if your activation gets rejected in the verification process.
Have you applied for elopage LITE?
Then you can receive payment as soon as you receive an email stating that your account has been legitimated.
a) Business areas which are not permitted for the integrated payment account
1. Financial Services
1.1 Investment & credit services
- Rotating savings
- Foreign Exchange Market (Forex)
1.2 Money and legal services
- Check cashing
- Cash transfer
1.3 Vital Currency or stored value
- Bitcoin or any platforms related cryptocurrencies
2. Unregulated, illegal products & services
- Pyramid schemes
- Products and services whose legal statuses vary depending on the state or country which one, is in.
3. Other prohibited high-risk products & services
- Any gambling related platforms, e casinos, lottery, and card games
- Sales of tobacco, e cigarettes, and e liquid, counterfeit products and weapons
- Gold, precious stones and gemstones
- Any adult content, including pornographic content, escort platforms, pay per view, webcam services and violent content
- Auction platforms that are not supported by a regulated action house
- Dietary and/or Food supplements
- Multi-Level Marketing
- C2C Shipment Transport
- Video Games, Competitions and/or esports
- Psychic Services
- Any product or business that we believe poses an elevated financial risk, legal liability or violent card network of bank policies
- Businesses offering cannabis cannabidiol (CBD) products
- Sale of Twitter followers, Facebook likes, YouTube views, and other forms of social media activity
- Creation of fake accounts (Facebook/Twitter/Instagram...)
b) Business areas in which an integrated payment account can be opened on a case-by-case basis
Business areas that are accepted on examination
The payment accounts for the following business areas are only legitimized upon verification. Therefore, you should upload all legitimation documents before starting the sale and wait for the legitimation.
These categories include but are not limited to:
- Payment solutions, on web, mobile, app or by email
- Remittance funds
- Prepaid card solutions
- SaaS e commerce solutions
- SaaS marketplace solutions
- SaaS crowdfunding solutions
- Unregulated crowdfunding equity platforms
- Charitable donations, gift or counter gifts
- Any solution that is white or grey label
- Compliant platforms that have their client targets outside of the European Economic Area (EEA)
- Complex financial workflow platforms
- e commerce platforms (unless your annual turnover is above a certain threshold per year)
- e pharmacy marketplaces
- Online travel agencies
- Alcohol related services
The respective payment provider with whom the payment account is opened has the unrestricted right to refuse your business activity at any time without giving reasons if this results in a risk from their point of view.