With the app "Themes Sharing," it is now possible to share for free and sell your created shop themes & membership themes!
To be able to use this feature, the "Themes Sharing" app must be booked. The app is already included in the Pro plan.
Good to know: The themes you share or sell cannot be resold or shared in the same way. Even if the providers who use your theme duplicate the theme, it cannot be shared.
Sharing & selling themes
- In the main menu of your provider account, go to "Themes."
- Click on "Shop Themes" or "Membership Themes."
- Select the theme you want to share from the overview and click on "Share" on the right.
- The "Share shop theme" pop-up opens. In the next step, decide whether your theme should be shared or sold publicly or protected and click accordingly.
- After you have clicked on "Share" next to the selected theme, the "Share … theme" pop-up opens (e.g. share shop theme). Select the option "Public" here.
- By clicking on "Generate share link," you will receive a custom link that you can share with other elopage providers.
Importing a publicly shared theme
- The providers to whom you sent the "share link" import your theme as follows:
- view the share link
- view preview
- click the "Import design template" button.
Important: Recipients should be logged into their elopage provider account.
Protected sharing & selling
- To share or sell a theme securely, create the product "Keys / Codes" in advance and name it accordingly (e.g. shop theme "Red").
- Please note: If you only want to protect your theme, but offer it free of charge, set the "Keys / codes" product to free when creating the product in the tab "Checkout page."
- Select the theme from the overview that you want to share or sell and click on "Share" on the right.
- Select the release option "Protected" in the pop-up that opens.
- Now select that "Keys / Codes" product (here in the example shop theme "Red") with which you will share or sell your theme protected.
- Now click on "Generate share link."
Importing a protected shared theme
- The providers to whom you can provide the "Keys / Codes" product for free or sell will receive a code by email.
- Please note: You transmit the share link to the providers, for example by email or chat.
- As soon as the share link is viewed, the preview of the shared theme opens again with the "Import design template" button. By clicking on the "button", the respective seller account opens with the "Start import" pop-up.
- Here buyers of your theme or the "Keys / Codes" product enter the code received by email following the order, confirm the activation of the license code by clicking on the "checkbox" and click on "Apply."
Please note: Recipients should be logged into their elopage account.
Deactivating / activating & deleting a share link
You can delete or deactivate the created share links at any time.
- Simply click on "Share" for the respective theme to get an overview of the created share links.
- You can deactivate or delete the share link using the three dots on the right.