You can find all of your attachments, cover images and videos in your file library. When creating your products and themes, for example, you upload the following files:
- Cover images on the product page
- Download files in your download, online course and membership products
- Pictures and download files in your membership and shop theme
- Streaming videos in your online courses (mass upload also possible)
Attachment files may not exceed the size of 3.5 GB, videos may be 4 GB.
You can find your file library in the main menu of your provider account under "Templates" and then "File library."
Files in the file library
Depending on where you are using a particular file, it is automatically categorized in your library. So if you are uploading files straight to your file library, be careful about where you want to use them and upload them in the correct category.
If it concerns individual files, it is best to upload them where you use them, e.g. a cover image when creating a product in the "Product page" tab or on the content pages of your online courses in the video block.
If you want to upload several files at once, you can do this in the file library. We explain >>here how exactly this is done.
In the "Attachments" tab you will find all the files that you make available for your customers to download in download products, online courses as well as shop and membership themes.
The "Cover pictures" tab contains all files that you have uploaded as cover images for your products or inserted in the text editor.
In the "Videos" tab you will find all the videos that you offer for streaming in your online courses as well as information about their size and access statistics:
- Number of loading processes ("loaded")
- Number of videos played ("clicked")
- Number of loading processes in relation to the number of videos played in % ("playback rate")
- Number of visitors ("visitors")
- Playing time ("viewed")
Uploading files to the file library
- Select the appropriate category for your file (e.g. the "Videos" tab for streaming video in the online course).
Important: Always load your files into the category that stands for the respective purpose, e.g. a product image in the "Cover images" tab.
- Click "Upload file" at the top right.
- A pop-up opens. Click here on the button with the upload symbol. If you want to upload files from your Dropbox.
- Now select the files from your hard drive and confirm your selection (e.g. by clicking on "Open").
Tip: You can mark several files for parallel upload.
- The upload starts and all selected files are uploaded at the same time. The upload window can only be closed again after the loading process has been successfully completed.
- After successfully uploading all files, you can close the window by clicking on "Ok."
- The files are now in the file library in the selected tab (e.g. videos).
Using files from the file library
- If you want to use files from your file library, always click on the button with the "cloud symbol".
- A list opens with all files assigned to the corresponding category (e.g. category "Videos" for use on the online course page).
- Scroll down to the end of the list, click on "Save" and finally on "Close" in the preview window.
Deleting files from the file library
Please note: Before you delete files from your file library, you should make sure that they are no longer used.
- Click on the "trash can" icon to the right of the file you want to delete.
- A pop-up opens asking you to confirm the deletion. If you are sure that you want to permanently delete the file from your file library, click "Yes" here. If not, click on "Cancel" on the left.