Do you want your course lessons to be unlocked with time control? Use our drip-in feature for your course pages to ensure that your participants have access to your content in the correct order or to schedule live support or online congresses. You can also use drop-out to specify for how long your course pages should be accessible. Thanks to the feature >>Event emails your participants will be informed when a lesson is activated and thus always stay up to date.
Time of course access
Access from payment
When you chose "From payment", your customers will get access to your online course immediately after receipt of payment.
If you use one or more of the following options:
- Purchase on account
- Test period
- Fixed due date
- Immediate delivery for PayPal and SEPA payments
Access from date
When you choose "From date", you configure a fixed date on which your participants will have access to your online course. Your customers will still only get access to the course after receipt of payment. If the payment is received before the start date, participant will still not be able to view the course prior to the start date.
You need to determine whether you want to grant course access from payment or date before you start selling. Once your course has been ordered, you cannot change this setting anymore.
Set access from payment
- Select the option "From payment" in the "Access & duration" section.
- Scroll down and click on "Next" or "Save & update".
- Set drip-in & drop-out for access "From payment"
- In the "Content" tab, select the course page that should be activated (drip-in) and, if necessary, deactivated (drop-out) after a specific time period , and click on the settings icon in the top right corner.
- Under "Drip-in" select the time period (in days) after which this page should be activated. Here, you can also specify the time (making sure to specify the time zone, e.g. (UTC+01:00) Amsterdam for Germany) and set up the drop-in on the side. Otherwise, the activation is based on the time of receipt of payment or the first access to the course.
- Under "Drop-Out" select the time period (hours, days, weeks or months) after which the course page should no longer be accessible. Enter the value using your keyboard if possible. The value is not always saved correctly when you use the arrow keys to enter the drop-out interval.
With the access setting "From payment", the reference point is always the time of receipt of payment. Your participants have access to the free online courses immediately after they order them.
- If a course page is to be accessible immediately upon receipt of payment, use drip-in 0.
- If a course page is to be accessible one day after access, enter "1" here.
- If the next pages are to be accessible on the following day, enter "2" when drop-in from page 2, then "3" etc. for page 3.
- If a participant receives access to the course on the 15th of the month, the course page with the drop-in interval "1" is activated on the 16th of the month, page 2 on the 17th, page 3 on the 18th, etc.
Set access from date
- When you create your online course product, you will be taken directly to the product page.
- If you have already created your online course, go to edit your product and then go to the product page, e.g. by clicking the options button (3 points).
- Now select the option "From date" in the "Access & duration" section, enter the access date and click on "Next" or "Save & update".
Set drip-in & drop-out for access "From date"
- In the "Content" tab, select the course page that should be activated (Drip-in) and, if necessary, deactivated (Drop-out) after a certain time period and click on the "settings" icon in the top right corner.
- Under "Drip-in" select the date and time of activation of this page and the time zone, e.g. (UTC+01:00) Amsterdam for Germany.
- Under "Drop-Out" select the time period (hours, days, weeks or months) after which the course page should no longer be accessible. Enter the value using your keyboard if possible. The value is not always saved correctly when you use the arrow keys to enter the "Drop-out" interval.
Change drip-in later
The "Drip-in" can be changed at any time, but the following must be noted:
- If you pre-date the "Drip-in", all participants may have immediate access.
- If a page has not yet been approved, you can change the access for all the participants to a later date.
- Participants who have already had access to the page will still have access. Even if you change the "Drop-in".
- If you change the "Drip-in", it applies to all the participants who have not yet gained access to the page.
Determine page content before start date & after end date
Before the start date
Before activating the course page, you can display the standard view as content via "Drip-in" or configure your own view in the page builder by clicking on the "Content" button.
The standard view is a countdown that automatically adapts to align with the specified "Drip-in" time.
Once you have replaced the countdown with your own content, you cannot reactivate it. In this case, create a new page in which the countdown is available again.
After the end date
After your access to the course page is finished, you can change the configuration so that the standard view appears as the content upon drop-out or you can configure your own view in the page builder by clicking on the "Content" button.
Use this page, for example, to direct customers to a product where they can re-book access to the expired content.
If you would like your course participants to be notified by email about the events drip-in, drop-out or about completing a page, consult our support article here >>Event emails.