With our page builder, you can easily offer multi-page PDF files for immediate reading in your shop, your membership areas and on the content pages of your online courses. Use the "PDF file" block for this.
The PDF file block is a reading tool for each PDF file with or without a download option. Several files are available for you to download using the >>Download files block.
The PDF reader is not supported by Internet Explorer 11. The page element is therefore not displayed in this browser. For optimal performance, we recommend "Google Chrome" or "Mozilla Firefox".
You are offering an online language course and you would like your participants to see accompanying course material at a glance, directly below your learning video.
You sell eBooks on your shop page and would like to offer your customers reading samples, with or without a download option, depending on your marketing strategy.
Insert PDF reader
- Open the >>page builder.
- Drag the block "PDF file" on the page using "drag & drop" or click on one of the "plus" symbols and then on "PDF file."
Upload PDF file
- Immediately after inserting the PDF file block, the edit menu appears on the right.
- Under "File", click on one of the "upload" symbols (from your hard drive, from the cloud of your seller account or from your Dropbox) and upload your PDF file.
- The file will now be displayed to you. You can delete it again by clicking on the "trash bin" symbol.
If you want to exchange the file, you can simply upload the new file without deleting the current one beforehand. As soon as you upload another file, the current one will be replaced automatically.
Switch download option on & off
- In the edit mode of the PDF file block, click on the "Download button."
- Select "Show" if you want your customers to be able to download the file directly in the reader by clicking on the "download" button.
- If not, mark "Hide."
Customize PDF reader
You can also further customize the following properties of the PDF file block:
Toolbar (file name & total number of pages)
- Background color
- Font (e.g. bold, italic)
- Font color
- Font size
Name the PDF file before the upload as it should be displayed to your customers in the PDF reader.
- available for shop, membership and online course themes
Please only use the "Custom CSS" option if you are familiar with HTML and CSS coding. You can find more information in the support article >>Custom CSS for themes.
You can return to the editing mode of a block by clicking on the "pencil" icon in the orange bar, which is always visible when you move the cursor over a block. You can find more about the page builders with its diverse design options in the support article >>Pagebuilder 2.0.