With our >>Pro Plan you can create extensive online courses and even scheduled online congresses. The course structure and your settings determine how you use this product type. If you do not yet know whether you would like to use all the features and functions of our online course product, you can first upgrade the Essential or Advanced plan to expand single >>Apps.
- Mini course as a freebie
- >>Certified trainings
- eLearning with a >>Quiz after certain lessons or at the end of the course
- Online congress with a fixed start and end date and time-controlled appearances by the speakers by >>Drip-in & Drop-Out of the course pages
- Media library with eBooks, videos & >>Audio Streaming by subscription
Do you have any questions and would you like a live demo? Then sign up now for our every Tuesday >>Essential Webinar with Q&A in real time. We look forward to seeing you!
This article will walk you through the essential steps of creating your online course. In the "More on ..." section you will find further instructions on the numerous options for online courses with elopage.
Create online course
- Go to "Products" and "Online Course" in the main menu of your seller account.
If you have already created products go to "Products" and then to "Create" in the top right corner.
Step 1: Product page
- Include the title of your online course.
- Determine the time and duration of access.
- Write a long description for the product page.
- Optionally, write a short description of your online course. The short description will be shown to your customers on the course's checkout page.
- Choose one or more cover images in portrait format and determine whether the product images can also be seen on the checkout page, once you check the box.
- Click "Next".
More on the product page
>>Position of a product in your shop & Members area
Step 2: Checkout page
- Click on "New Plan" and create one or more checkout plans for your product, e.g. one-off and installment payments.
- Choose your payment methods, enter the product price and optionally the original price under "Old Price". You see a small preview of the price.
- Click on "Save plan".
You can now find the saved plan in the main menu of your seller account under "Templates" and "Payment plans". By clicking on "Select plan" on the checkout page under "Payment options", a list of all previously saved payment plans will appear.
- Select a cancellation template, e.g. the standard template for a 14-day right of cancellation.
- If necessary, you can also provide separate cancellation policy for corporate customers.
- Click "Next".
More on checkout pages
Step 3: Content
- Click on "Add item".
- Select "New Page".
- Enter a page title and click "Edit Content".
- You get to the >>Pagebuilder and you can customize your course page with the pagebuilder blocks, e.g. a text block.
At the top left you can see the title of the course page you are currently editing.
- You can edit your course pages by clicking on the respective symbol, or by drag&drop, duplicate or delete a drop.
- Make your page visible by clicking on the crossed-out eye so that your course pages can be seen online and in the product preview.
- Click on "Add" and select "New menu".
- Give your menu a title.
- You can edit your menu items by clicking on the respective symbol, add pages and menus, move or delete them using drag&drop.
- Also set your menu to visible by clicking on the crossed-out eye so that your menu can be seen online and in the product preview.
Add page & submenu to the menu
- Hover the cursor over your menu and click the plus symbol.
- Add more pages and submenus to the menu.
- To leave the "Content" tab and go to the next step, click on "Next".
More on content
Step 4: Delivery
- In the "Delivery" tab, all basic settings are already set so that you can click "Next" here directly.
- After placing their order, your customers will be forwarded to the elopage thank you page.
- Upon successful receipt of payment, your customers will receive the standardized purchase confirmation email with a button for the login area for your online course.
More on delivery
Steps 5 & 6: Advanced & Upselling
Settings in the tabs "Advanced" & "Upselling" are also optional.
If your product is publicly indexed (as preset), i.e. can be found via internet search, we recommend entering a meta title and a meta description here.
- Click on "Next" in the "Advanced" tab.
More on advanced settings
- Click on "Next" in the "Upselling" tab, if you don't want to employ any of our upselling features for now.
- Click on "Save & close" in "IAP Details" (if you haven't gotten >>Your App yet).
More on upselling
>>Order Bumps & Bundles
After you have clicked on "Save & Close" and every time you call up your online course product, you will find yourself on the page with the >>Product links . Here you can find the following links to your product:
- Product link to the product page
- Link to the checkout page
- Link to the login page
- Code of the embed form of your checkout page
- Click on "Preview" in the product links.
In the preview you can always see the pages and menus that you put online by clicking on the eye symbol. If you don't want your product to be available online yet, click on "Unpublish" in the product links.