With our >>Pro Plan you can create extensive online courses and even scheduled online congresses. How you use this product type is determined by your course structure and settings. If you do not yet know whether you would like to use all the features and functions of our online course product, you can first add individual >>Apps to the essential or advanced plan.
- Mini course as a freebie
- >>Certified trainings
- eLearning with a >>Quiz after certain lessons or at the end of certain courses
- Online congress with a fixed start and end date and scheduled appearances by the speakers via the >>Drip-in & Drop-Out function of the course pages
- Media library with eBooks, videos & >>Audio streaming by subscription.
Do you have any questions or would like a live demo?
Then sign up now for our >>Essential Webinar which takes place every Tuesday with a live Q&A session. We look forward to seeing you there!
This article will walk you through the essential steps you need to take to create your online course. In the "More on ..." section you will find further instructions regarding the numerous options available for online courses with elopage.
Creating online courses
- Go to "Products" and "Online course" in the main menu of your seller account.
If you have already created products with elopage, go to "Products" and then to "Create" in the top right hand corner.
Step 1: Product page
- Include the title of your online course.
- Choose the time and duration of access.
- Write a long description for the product page.
- Optionally, write a short description of your online course. The short description will be available to your customers on the course's checkout page.
- Choose one or more cover images in portrait format. You can determine whether the product images can also be seen on the checkout page by checking the box shown below.
- Click "Next step".
More on the product page
>>Position of a product in your shop & members area
Step 2: Checkout page
- Click on "Create plan" and create one or more checkout plans for your product, e.g. once off and installment payments.
- Choose your payment methods and enter the product price. You have the option to enter the original price under "Old price" and then you can see a small preview of this price.
- Click on "Save plan".
You can now find the saved plan in the main menu of your seller account under "Templates" and "Payment plans". By clicking on "Select plan" on the checkout page under "Payment options", a list of all previously saved payment plans will appear.
- Select a cancellation template, e.g. the standard template for a 14-day right of cancellation.
- If necessary, you can also provide a separate cancellation policy for corporate customers.
- Click "Next".
More on checkout pages
Step 3: Content
- Click on "Add item".
- Select "New page".
- Enter a page title and click "Edit content".
- You get to the >>Page builder and here you can customize your course page with the page builder blocks, e.g. a text block.
At the top left hand corner you can see the title of the course page that you are currently editing.
- You can edit, drag and drop, duplicate or delete your course pages by clicking on the respective icon.
- Make your page visible by clicking on the crossed out eye. This means that your course pages can be seen online and in the product preview.
Adding a menu
- Click on "Add" and select "New menu".
- Give your menu a title.
- You can edit your menu items, add pages and menus, move menu items by drag and drop or delete menu items by clicking on the respective icon.
- You can also make your menu visible by clicking on the crossed out eye. This means that your menu can be seen online and in the product preview.
Adding pages & submenus to the menu
- Hover the cursor over your menu and click on the plus symbol.
- Add more pages and submenus to the menu.
- In order to leave the "Content" tab and go to the next step, click on "Next".
More on content
Step 4: Delivery
- In the "Delivery" tab, all basic settings are already set so that you can click "Next" here directly.
- After placing their order, your customers will be forwarded to the elopage thank you page.
- Upon successful receipt of payment, your customers will receive the standardized order confirmation email which includes a login button for your online course.
More on delivery
Steps 5 & 6: Advanced & Upselling
Settings in the tabs "Advanced" and "Upselling" are also optional.
If your product is publicly indexed (as preset), i.e. can be found via internet search, we recommend entering a meta title and a meta description here.
- Click on "Next" in the "Advanced" tab.
More on advanced settings
- Click on "Next" in the "Upselling" tab, if you don't want to use any of our upselling features for now.
- Click on "Save and close" in "IAP Details" (if you do not have >>Your App yet).
More on upselling
>>Order Bumps and Bundles
After you have clicked on "Save & Close" , every time you call up your online course product, you will find yourself on the page with the >>Product links . Here you can find the following links to your product:
- Product link to the product page
- Link to the checkout page
- Link to the login page
- Code of the embed form of your checkout page
- Click on "Preview" in the product links.
In the preview you can always see the pages and menus that you put online by clicking on the eye symbol. If you don't want your product to be available online yet, click on "Unpublish" in the product links.