Would you like to suggest more products on your checkout page or sell several products in a package? Then our order bumps are just the thing! Create additional or alternative offers and product packages in attractive designs and increase your sales. Here we show you how to create templates for your order bumps and product packages and integrate these smart upselling features into your checkout pages.
In the invoice, all products are listed with their price and tax rate as a single item.
You have various setting options here. Please also note our FAQ on order bumps > FAQ on Order Bumps & Bundles
Set up an order bump
1. Start creating the order bump
- Go to the "Upselling" tab and start creating your order bump.
If you provide a name, it will be displayed on the checkout page above the order bump, such as "More offers" or "Buy a package from the course and other products."
Order bump: With the "Order Bump" type, your customers can buy multiple products in one order. Depending on the setting, the main product may be optional or required.
Bundle view: Use the "Bundle View" type to let your customer select between main product and order bumps. Only 1 product can be purchased.
2. Define settings for the order bump
If you select "Order Bump" as the type, you can make various settings.
Main product required
- This determines that the order bump is an additional offer, i.e. the purchase of the main product is necessary. You should then not select products as products that already contain the main product.
The main product is the product you are currently configuring.
Use main product settings
- Decide whether the settings of the main product (minimum term for subscription products, cancellation terms, etc.) should also be applied to the upsell products. If you do not activate the settings of the main product, then the settings of the first order bump apply to all subsequent ones.
Send all purchase confirmation emails
- Upon activation, your customer will receive a purchase confirmation email for each purchased product, i.e. that of the main product and all order bump products.
Group pricing plans
- The pricing plans of all added products are merged into an overall pricing plan. The merge depends on the positioning (the first pricing plan of the first product is merged with the first pricing plan of the second product, etc.). Not available for the online ticket product type.
3. Add products and design templates
- Click on "Add Order Bump" to add the first product and design or select the template for it.
3a) Add product and, if necessary, provide pricing plan
- Click on "Select product."
- Select a product and click "Select."
Specific pricing plan
- If a special price should apply to the selected product as an order bump, which is only available in the order bump but not on the shop page, select the corresponding pricing plan here or create a new one.
This allows you to make the additional offer even more attractive for your customers and later in the template also point out the special price.
If you do not provide a specific pricing plan, the original pricing plan of the selected product applies. If you have clicked on the box "Use settings of the main product," the settings for the type of payment (e.g. One-time payment, subscription) as well as the price from the original pricing plan are retained.
3b) Create template
Now you need a design for your order bump for this product. To do this, you can select an existing order bump template, which you may have already used in other products, or create your own template.
- Click on "Create template."
- Name the template so that the title is clear to you if you want to use it later for additional order bumps.
- Choose the layout (e.g. "Rich" if you want to insert another image).
We show you how you can create the template design in >> Customizing a template for order bumps & bundles.
3c) Select template
- Click "Select Template" to select an existing template.
If you have already created several templates, you can also see the type in the overview and preview in advance.
The already created templates can be found under "Marketing" / "Order Bumps."
3d) Determine whether the order bump product is required at the time of purchase or whether your customer can book it.
In the line for your order bump you can then enter the setting for whether this product is required for purchase or not.
For example, you can also create a package of products that are purchased together.
In the article -> Sell "Bundle" as Membership or Order Bump you will find more about this including some design examples.
- Finally click on "Save."
Add & edit more order upsell products
- In the Upselling tab, click "Add Order Bump" again to add more order bumps.
- You can change the order of the products on the checkout page using drag & drop.
- By clicking on the three dots on the right you can edit or remove order bumps or bundles.
Tip: Set up a product bundle
If you want to sell several products as a fixed product package, you have several options.
a) The product that your customer has clicked on will only be sold in a package with other products
- Enable the "Main product required" setting and
- then set the individual products to "required" on the right. This then sells the main product and all products stored as "required" in the package.
b) Offer different packages as an upsell
If you want to put together different product packages for your customers, you can do this via the product type Membership.
- Create a membership for each product package and provide the products that belong to it. You can decide whether the product that your customer has actually clicked on is included or not.
- Then provide the different memberships as an order bump. If the clicked product is included in the memberships, do not check the box "Main product required."
Enable Order Bumps
Check the display of the order bumps on the checkout page
- Go to the >>product links of the main product and click the checkout page link.
- The checkout page opens from the customer view.
Order bump with multiple selection (main product optional)
Product package as an alternative to the main product
Note on purchase confirmation emails
If you only use standard emails for your main product and all your upsell products, we will send a purchase confirmation email with a list of all products that have been ordered.
If you use >>custom purchase confirmation emails for the delivery of your products or if your confirmation emails contain important information (e.g. webinar or calendar link), activate the individual sending of the emails by clicking on the "Send all purchase confirmation emails" checkbox. You can combine products with custom and standard emails. Only the purchase confirmation emails are sent separately.
If you have not activated the individual sending of emails and use standard and custom emails in the main product, order bump or bundle, the custom purchase confirmation email will be sent.