Would you like elopage to communicate automatically with your external tools? Then in this support article we will show you how to integrate applications into your account, define trigger events and tags for your email automations and thus provide information on the activities of your customers.
If you have already set up email automations, the previous standard settings will be adopted (e.g. the transmission of tags with product names or coupon codes) and the usual information will continue to be transmitted. If you now set your own new tags, these will be transmitted in addition to the default tags. If you deactivate the "Previous settings" option, the default tags will no longer be sent in the future. The deactivation may not be reversed.
Adding a connection
- In the main menu of your seller account, go to "Settings" and "Integrations."
- Select the application you want to connect and open the options by clicking on the "blue arrow".
- Click on "Add connection."
- Name your connection.
- Copy the API key of your application and enter it in the field "API key."
You can usually find the API key of an application under "Settings" or "Integrations." Using an Internet search (e.g. for "mailchimp api") you will usually find a description of the application operator where you can call up the API key.
- Click on "Create" and the connection will be created.
Setting up an email interface
- In the main menu of your seller account, go under "Templates" to "Email automations."
- Click on "Create" in the upper right corner.
- Click on "Select connection."
You can only set up the automation if you have connected your email application in advance. To do this, simply click here on "Add connection" and proceed as above under >>Adding a connection.
- Choose your connection (e.g. MailChimp) and click on "Select."
- Select one of the lists that you have previously created in your email application from "Customer list."
When the events defined in the next step occur, data records and tags are transferred to the list that you define here.
- Click on "Add event."
- Mark the events for which data should be submitted and click on "Add."
- If necessary, assign tags that are transmitted to each event in order to organize your lists even better.
Assigning the email interface to a product
If you have not yet connected an application, first click on "Create email automation" and proceed as described above under >>Adding a connection.
- Select your email interface and click on "Save."