Would you like to connect your elopage live stream event to a streaming tool? Then in this support article we will show you how to connect to a streaming tool of your choice.
Tip: You can stream with the free software OBS.
- Create a live stream event beforehand. You can find a help article on this page: Hosting a live stream event
You need an external tool to record the video. You then transmit the stream to us by providing the data for your live stream in your tool. elopage does not replace the streaming tool. Connect elopage to a streaming tool of your choice.
Connecting a live stream event to a streaming tool:
After saving the event, a popup window appears with the following information:
- Stream key: Paste this key into your streaming tool to connect to elopage.
- Streaming URL: Paste this URL into your streaming tool to connect to elopage.
- Page URL: This is the page where the live stream event is happening.
You can also find this data afterwards. The "Live Streaming Events" view, lists all your saved live stream events with the most important information.
- Click on the "Copy" icon to simply copy the above links from the overview.
With OBS you can add the information for the connection to elopage under "Stream:"
Recommended settings for a full high definition stream:
Video bitrate: 4500 to 6000 kbps
Resolution (width): 1920px
Resolution (height): 1080px
Examples of streaming tools:
With the Pro version of Zoom, you can record your video and have it transmitted to us. However, the Zoom watermark is always displayed at the bottom right.
- Check that "Custom Live Streaming" is enabled in your Zoom account.
- Create and save a meeting - passcode and waiting room are not relevant here as no one enters your Zoom meeting.
- Edit your Zoom meeting and scroll down to the Live Streaming tab.
- Click on "Custom Live Streaming" and save the data from your live streaming event from your account with us.
Here are the instructions from Zoom https://support.zoom.us/hc/de/articles/115001777826-Live-Streaming-mit-einem-benutzerdefinierten-Dienst.
You can also record live streams with the Premium version of the video platform Vimeo.
OBS is free software for recording or streaming videos -> https://obsproject.com/de.
Wirecast is paid video streaming software -> https://www.telestream.net/wirecast/overview.htm?