If you sell in the reseller model and already have ongoing sales, especially subscription and installment payments, please pay attention to our notes.
Schedule and prepare for the conversion
As soon as your account is converted to the seller model, your paid products will first lose the sales approval because there is no valid pricing plan on file. Therefore, you should plan the timing well and not be in the middle of the launch.
Examination and preparation
Familiarize yourself in advance with which payment partner you want to provide.
- For PayPal, you'll need your own PayPal Business account. You can read how to connect this to your elopage account here: >>Connect your PayPal business account.
If this is still new, please note that PayPal usually withholds the payments of your customers for 21 days and the product is not delivered by us as long as you provide the >>Immediate delivery for reserved PayPal payments in your pricing plans.
- If your PayPal account does not have PayPal for automatic merchant debiting (reference transactions), customers who have booked subscription or installment payments must pay them from now on at each installment via their payment manage link.
Other payment methods
For other payment methods, you need an integrated deposit account with one of our banking partners. This must be legitimized in order to be able to use the full extent with payments and cashouts.
We recommend elopage CONNECT here, as you can sell immediately and submit the legitimation records in a second step.
>> Apply for and legitimize CONNECT
Legal documents and invoice configuration
- If you would like to create custom PDF files for your legal notice and your terms and conditions, prepare them >>Set up legal notice & terms and conditions
- For your invoices, you need a log and a note text for VAT-free sales.
After the conversion
- Go to "Settings" and "Payment Methods" and provide or activate your payment providers
- Go to "Settings" and "Automated Invoicing" and configure your invoice and the reference text for VAT-free sales
- If necessary, upload your own PDF files for the legal notice and terms and conditions
- >>Set up legal notice & Terms and Conditions
For payments waiting for finalization by SEPA direct debit and bank transfer
These payments will continue to be made in your name and the payments will continue to be made to the reseller's respective deposit accounts or the reseller's PayPal account. These are paid out automatically as usual.
For ongoing installment payments
Current installment payments continue to be made to the reseller and the payments continue to go to the corresponding deposit accounts of the reseller or the PayPal account of the reseller. These are paid out automatically as usual.
For ongoing subscription payments
In the case of ongoing subscription payments, your customers must take action.
Here it is important that you write to all customers with current subscription payments and ask them to go to their payment manage page for the next payment, click on Change payment method, choose their payment method (possibly the same as before) and enter their data (credit card, IBAN, etc.) again.
This will change the current order so that the payments go to your PayPal account or deposit account.
If this does not happen and these are automatic debits via credit card, PayPal, Apple or GooglePay or SEPA, the so-called token or the SEPA direct debit mandate is only valid for the reseller, but not for your account.
Thus, these run on an error and your customer receives the notification about the failed debit attempt and on receipts this is blocked.
To avoid this, please prepare for it and see how you can send an email to your customers with their custom payment management link.
Cashout from the account when in the seller model
In the dashboard itself, you will no longer find the link to activate the cashout for the cashouts, but the cashout area for the reseller model.
Via the following links, however, you can get to the area and pay out the earnings from the seller model.