If you want to offer your product cheaper at a certain time, you can create a price in the pricing plan and set a time limit and also design and activate a countdown timer for the checkout page template.
This allows you to use the shortage psychologically and also directly show how long this price is still valid.
Create pricing plan
- Create your pricing plan as usual, e.g. directly in the product in the checkout page tab.
- Turn on the "Price for a specific period of time" feature.
- Provide a pricing plan for each period (start date and time and end date and time) and select the time zone relevant to you.
It is important that you cover the period before and after with a period of time. If you have a gap in the data and no pricing plan is valid, your product loses the sales release for the period.
Enable countdown timer for this period
Use a countdown to make your customers feel a sense of scarcity and increase your conversion rates.
This feature is only available if you have also activated "Price for a certain period" in the pricing plan, as the timer is displayed exactly in this period.
Once you have activated the feature and reached the period in which the pricing plan is valid, the remaining time of your offer will be displayed on the checkout page and counted down. The best way to look at this is via the preview of the pricing plan, how this is displayed and adjust the checkout page template if necessary.
Adjust the color and text of the countdown
So that the countdown timer fits your design, you can adjust this in the checkout page template .
In the standard version, it is displayed in the color green as in this example:
- Go to checkout tools and call up the pricing page template, which is stored with this product and adjust the colors to your design.
If you want to view the design of the countdown, the countdown will only be displayed if the current date is within the stored period for the pricing plan.
Important: You cannot use the preview link for sales - as shown above in red.
The normal price is EUR 249 from Oct. 31, 2018, 9:00 am. From Oct. 26, 2018 to Oct. 31, 2018 9:00 am the product costs only EUR 179, because you have planned a promotion.
Then you create two pricing plans with a "price for a certain period":
- One for EUR 179, which is valid from Oct. 26, 2018 12:00 am to Oct. 31, 2018 9:00 am and
- One for EUR 249, which will be valid from Oct. 31, 2018 9:00 am
Please make sure that you have a pricing plan for each time and that there are no time gaps.
Only the current pricing plan is displayed.
If no pricing plan is valid at any given time, the product cannot be sold. If you have already distributed the link, customers will be redirected to your shop when they click.