With this app you can embed different tracking tools like
- Google Tag Manager (recommendation, as you can use this to connect various tracking tools)
- Facebook Pixel
- Google Analytics (standard integration without e-commerce tracking)
- provide a custom tracking code.
If you use additional cookies for tracking, you can create your own cookie description and select it for the tracking code.
- The "Tracking Codes" app is included in your package or you have booked it separately.
Quick start guide:
- If the app is not booked yet, go to "Apps" and then "New apps" and "External apps" and book the app "Tracking codes."
- Go to "Templates" and "Tracking Codes"
- Create the template for your tracking code.
- Choose the code type, give the template a title and provide the ID.
- Click on "Enter standard events." This means that we store a code with the corresponding variables for all events. If you do not need all the variables, you can delete individual variables.
- Save the code.
- Activate the code as soon as you are done to start tracking immediately.
Example of the code for the event "Thank you" page:
Here you can remove individual variables if you do not need them.
Please note: You cannot provide any script code here < script> and < /script> ! If you have an external code, please insert the code between < script> and < /script>.
Attention: By default, the setting "All tracking codes should be used" is activated for all products under "Advanced." As soon as you save and activate the code, we transfer all codes for all events stored here to all of your products for which this setting is active.
If you later change the code under templates, the tracking codes in the corresponding products will be updated when you save them.
If you do not want a tracking code or only certain codes in a product, edit your product and change the setting in the item "Other."
You can provide a tracking code for five different events. As soon as one of these events is triggered, we send the data to your analysis tools. Visiting the following pages triggers an event:
- Thank you page
You can also set the data that we send. There are various variables that you can use for this. When you set up the standard in the tracking app, all variables are listed. If you want to set up your own events, simply use the available variables.
List of variables:
Selecting a cookie description
Under "Templates" and then "Tracking codes", you can create your own cookie description and provide the corresponding keys that are relevant for setting the cookies.
You can then provide this description with the tracking code.
Please look at the cookie banner for your customer beforehand. Our descriptions are always displayed for the standard codes from Facebook, Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager.
If you use these tools for other purposes and other cookies are set, please provide the additional descriptions required for this.
Google Analytics: _ga|_gid
Google Tag Manager: _gat
GDPR and tracking codes